Reservations & Waitlist
- While walk-ins are welcome, we highly recommend reserving classes online in order to guarantee your spot in class. When you arrive at the studio, please check-in at the front desk so we know you have arrived and can ensure you have an enjoyable experience.
- If you are on a wait list, you will receive an email as soon as a spot opens up, and up until 2 hours before class is scheduled to begin. Being bumped off the wait list into class means you are IN CLASS and therefore you are responsible for canceling your spot. If you get into class from the wait list and do not show up for class and have not canceled your reservation within the early cancellation window (2 hours), a class/day will be taken off your package if you are on a Class Pack or on the New Client package AND if you are a Monthly Recurring Member, then you will be charged according to the fees mentioned in our “Cancellation & No-show” policy.
- If we see that a spot has opened up within the 2 hour time period before class begins, we will make an effort to call or put you into class. In this case, please make an effort to respond yes or no, but know that you will not lose a day/class off your package or be charged if you can’t make it. Additionally, if you get an email after 10 pm at night for the 5:45am class and do not have time to respond, we will not hold you responsible for that class. Again, we would appreciate a response if possible.
- If you get into class from the wait list and are already scheduled for another class that day, you will need to cancel your reservation for your other class on line; if you do not cancel, you will lose an additional day/class from your package or be charged.
Cancellations & No-shows
- Our cancellation policy is 2 HOURS before class starts. This gives you up until 2 HOURS before the class starts to early cancel and not be charged a penalty. Please make a conscientious effort to cancel yourself as soon as you can if you do not think you will be able to make it, as this will allow for another person to get into class.
- If you have a New Client Special, one day will be deducted from from the 30-day period for each late cancel or no show.
- If you have a class pack, one full class will be deducted from your pack for each late cancel or no show
- If you have a Monthly Unlimited Membership (including Teacher & Student and Community), there is a $5 charge for a Late Cancel (past the 2-hour window) and a $15 for a No Show (not notifying us at all).
Late Arrival to Class
- New Students are not allowed to enter class once it starts.
- Returning students may enter up to 10 minutes after class has begun, and are required to lift their knees 40 times prior to joining the class. If class has been in session for more than 10 minutes, returning students will not be permitted to join. We strictly adhere to this policy for the safety of our clients.
- If you are late, and someone is waiting to get into class, your spot may given away. If you are running late, please call and let us know you will be there within the 10 minute time frame.
- Socks, exercise pants below the knee, and tanks or tees that cover the midriff are required.
- For the courtesy of others, cell phones are not allowed in the exercise studio during class.
- Capped water bottles are allowed and only clear liquids are permitted beyond the lobby. Please do not bring glass or uncapped drinks into the exercise studio.
- Please do not chew gum in the studio during class.
MOMS TO BE — HEALTH REQUIREMENTS FOR PREGNANT CLIENTS:
The Bar Method allows pregnant clients to take class. We have adopted several modifications that allow the exercises to be performed comfortably throughout the pregnancy. The following rules must be adhered:
- Existing clients may participate with doctor’s permission. (Please provide Doctor’s note.)
- Please inform your teacher you are pregnant so appropriate modifications may be given.
- For more information about The Bar Method and pregnancy, see “Moms to Be”
- We welcome everyone, men & women of all ages. However, we strongly suggest 16 +.
- Please call the front desk for more information.
Illness & Injuries
- Please advise our staff of any illness or injury so we can accommodate you. We have many modifications for injuries.
- As for illness, if you have a contagious illness, we kindly ask that you refrain from coming until you are feeling better.
SUPERVISION OF CHILDREN:
- No minors are to be left in our reception area or studio without adult (18 or up) supervision while the parent or family member takes class.
Refunds/ Expirations & Transferability
- No refunds for classes 7 days from date of purchase.
- 30-Day Unlimited packages expire 30 days after activation.
- Return policy for merchandise is store credit only – no refunds or exchanges 7 days from date of purchase.
- All classes are non-transferable and valid only at the Montclair Studio